October Color of the Month: Sonoma Sage
10/13/2017 | specs+spaces staff |
The saying goes, “it’s not easy being green.” But at Dunn-Edwards, we’re finding that this October, being green is easier than usual. In fact, we just introduced our 2018 Color of the Year, The Green Hour (DET544) and, on top of that, October’s Color of the Month is a beautiful, soft green called Sonoma Sage (DET522). The lush and verdant landscapes of the fall make green a classic color choice to embrace this time of year.
A History of Sonoma Sage (DET522)
October’s Color of the Month, Sonoma Sage (DET522), is so called after the native California plant of the same name. This paint color also boasts great historical significance. As a result, Sonoma Sage (DET522) is part of our Then, Now & Forever® collection. This green paint color is authentic to the Victorian and Arts and Crafts eras. The color was uncovered in the catalog for notable Whittier Coburn Co, a turn-of-the-century manufacturer of paints, oils, varnish, brushes and compounds based in San Francisco and Los Angeles. For those designers, architects, and painting professionals looking to match historic Victorian or Arts and Crafts colors for a project, consider the historically accurate Sonoma Sage (DET522).
Best Design Ideas For Soft Greens
This mid-tone silver sage green will give your home a beautiful earthy and warm presence. Pairing it with complementary deep red-orange accents can give any room a fiery and authentic Arts and Crafts era feel. Looking for more colorful design inspiration? Here are a few more ways we love seeing Sonoma Sage:
- For a traditional, neutral space, pair Sonoma Sage (DET522) with Angelic Starlet (DET645) and Warm and Toasty (DET646). These accents will create an inviting, yet flexible aesthetic.
- To give Sonoma Sage (DET522) a mid-century twist, accent the space with crisp whites, like Warm White (DEW380) and canary yellows, such as Lemon Slice (DE5402).
- Give this soft green more of a romantic edge and pair it with deep black furniture and damask prints or other bold patterns.
- Accenting Sonoma Sage (DET522) with dark stained woods and natural foliage will transform your home into a storybook cottage.
Dunn-Edwards’ Sonoma Sage (DET522) is composed of the highest-quality paint trusted by both design experts and painting professionals. Dunn-Edwards is committed to bringing you the freshest paint colors for commercial, residential and exterior uses. If you need a little help envisioning it in your space, download our Insta-Color® app and, with a click, you can upload a photo from your personal library or choose one from ours to give your space an instant paint job.
All photography by STRUKTR Studios
- Inspiring Shades of Pink for Victorian Architecture
- Popular Color Palettes Through The Decades: 1970s—2010s
- Desert Oasis Luxury Show House: Polynesian Culture Meets Mid-Century Design
- This San Diego Artist Gave Her Living Room ‘70s Style Pool Party Makeover
- Dunn-Edwards Portraits: Paris, a Pandemic and the Process of Design