July Color of The Month: Rosy Cloud (DE5182)
07/05/2017 | specs+spaces staff |
The month of July may be most associated with the colors red, white and blue, but we see no end in sight for the color trend best known as "Millennial Pink." Which is why July’s color of the month is Rosy Cloud (DE5182). How much are we loving this shade of rosy, dusty blush? Let us count the ways.
Image Credit: STRUKTR Studios
First and foremost, pink is often associated with love and romance. A movement of cultural trends like exploration into pastels, and a resurgence in preservation of romantic Art Deco architecture have contributed to the emergence of pink. Another design trends has pushed the color into the mainstream — childhood joys. In essence this design trend focuses on simplification. Celebrating the simple joys in life as well as celebrating design that makes our lives simpler, functionally. Within that are the familiar colors, patterns, textures, and graphics of our own childhood delights. Read more about both of these trends in Dunn-Edwards 2018 Color and Design Trends Report.
IMAGE CREDIT: STRUKTR STUDIOS
IMAGE CREDIT: STRUKTR STUDIOS
Further, pink is a very versatile color. It has transcended its more traditional associations, and Millennial pink has, in fact, become a gender-neutral color favorite. Pink can be used in virtually any room. From restaurants to home interiors, this color trend is quickly spreading and Dunn-Edwards Paints carries a vast variety of low and zero VOC paints in shades of pink.
- Rosy Cloud (DE5182) can be beautifully paired with mint hues, for example, Frosty Mint (DE5700), for that nostalgic 1950s aura.
- It can also be paired with white accents like Dunn-Edwards Warm White (DEW380) for a more romantic and soft atmosphere.
- For a more colorful and youthful look, it can be paired with Dunn-Edwards Color of the year Honey Glow (DE5354). For more on Dunn-Edwards look at the Childhood Joys design trend, click here.
- If you want a more formal, adult feel, pair Rosy Cloud with a darker color like our beautiful shade of Navy Teal (DE5832) or Jazz Age Blues (DET574).
Image Credit: STRUKTR STUDIOS
The color combinations are endless with Dunn-Edwards Rosy Cloud. Whether a living room, dining room, bathroom or bedroom, this high quality interior color is sure to make a statement. Dunn-Edwards is committed to bringing you fresh paint colors for commercial, residential, and exterior uses. Make the most of the Millennial pink color trend use our Insta-Color ® app to find which Millennial Pink, Rosy Cloud, or one of our other amazing hues, is the perfect fit for you. Just upload a picture or choose one from our library, click, and give the space an instant paint job.
- Inspiring Shades of Pink for Victorian Architecture
- Popular Color Palettes Through The Decades: 1970s—2010s
- Desert Oasis Luxury Show House: Polynesian Culture Meets Mid-Century Design
- This San Diego Artist Gave Her Living Room ‘70s Style Pool Party Makeover
- Dunn-Edwards Portraits: Paris, a Pandemic and the Process of Design