July Color of the Month: DE5837 Pool Party
07/17/2019 | specs+spaces staff |
Why It’s July’s Color of the Month
Have you seen July’s color of the month yet? If not, let us introduce you to Pool Party (DE5837). Summer’s in full swing and with the heat of season we’re ready to dive head first into some fabulous pool parties. Not to mention the fact that watery hues and deep blues continue to be strong key colors in 2019, according to Dunn-Edwards own color expert and stylist, Sara McLean. That’s why there’s no more perfect hue than Pool Party (DE5837) for July’s Color of the Month.
The Impact Of Blue Paint Colors
Did you know, in this digital age we live in that blue is the most clickable color? That’s according to a study conducted by Colorcom and Travel + Leisure. Why? Perhaps it’s because the color blue, “elicits a high number of positive emotional responses,” stated McLean. “Including the feelings of relaxation and calmness, happiness, comfort, peace and hope.” All of which go to why choosing a brilliant blue paint color can be the right move for a variety of spaces. Pool Party is versatile, working with vibrant palettes, and also in spaces with a more neutral palette. Either way, the blue tones of Pool Party are sure to put a smile on your face.
Designing With Watery Blues
- For a summer celebration you’ll want to bring your sunglasses to, pair Pool Party with equally bright colors like Wasabi (DE5578), and Flamingo Feather (DE5037). Just add music!
- An effective way to balance out the above dose of the color is to use a mixture of natural wood tones when it comes to things like furniture, bookshelves and other decor accents.
- Use Pool Party as an accent color alongside Riviera (DE5753) and Water Baby (DE5780) for a palette inspired by the watery tones of the Mediterranean.
- Designing a modern yet youthful space? Pair Pool Party with Mojito (DE5603), Stately Stems (DE5712), December Sky (DE6352), and light, natural wood accents.
The possibilities are as endless as the summer nights ahead. With our vast selection of interior and exterior paints trusted by designers and paint professionals Dunn-Edwards has the colors to help kick off your summer projects. We’re committed to providing you with only the best quality paint that will make any of your spaces feel perfect. Try our InstaColor® app to give your space a digital paint makeover first. Just upload a photo from your library or use one from ours!
- Inspiring Shades of Pink for Victorian Architecture
- Popular Color Palettes Through The Decades: 1970s—2010s
- Desert Oasis Luxury Show House: Polynesian Culture Meets Mid-Century Design
- This San Diego Artist Gave Her Living Room ‘70s Style Pool Party Makeover
- Dunn-Edwards Portraits: Paris, a Pandemic and the Process of Design