|Paint Problem Solver
Development of a yellow cast in aging paint; most noticeable in the dried films of white paints or clear varnishes.
- Normal oxidation of oil-based paint or varnish
- Exposure to heat from stoves, radiators and heating ducts
- Exposure of oil-based paints to household cleaners that contain ammonia
- Lack of light (e.g., behind pictures or appliances, inside closets, etc.)
- Use a high-quality latex paint, which does not tend to yellow. Oil-based paints have a tendency to yellow, particularly in areas that are protected from sunlight and/or exposed to ammoniated cleaning products.
Low odor | Zero voc interior
Please note that these suggestions are provided as a service to you. We are unable to guarantee or be responsible for the results obtained by these procedures. If you have additional questions, ask any of our expert sales associates.