The kitchen is the social gathering hub of today's homes. One of the easiest ways to update the appearance of the kitchen is with a new paint color. By following a few painting tips for designers, the personality of any kitchen gets and invigorating boost:
- Warmth of Sunshine: Shades of yellow are the most popular and traditional kitchen colors. Hues range from creamy and pale to bold and golden and all create a sense of warmth and welcome.
- Lively Green: Finding the right shade of green for a kitchen is about tying in the of the room's design. A deep, mossy green combines well with wood cabinetry and stone floors, evoking a sense of being in a calming forest.
- Whimsical Blue: Lighter shades of cool blue are soothing and playful. Use a robin's egg hue amid white cabinetry and granite counter tops for a breezy, cottage feel reminiscent of warm summer days beneath sunny skies.
- Breath of Black: The idea of painting a kitchen black is daunting for some. Key among painting tips for designers when using black is to balance it with lighter colors such as white. White cabinets, counter tops and ample natural light from windows counteract the depth of the black and give it a sleek, modern feel.
- Sophisticated Gray: Less intimidating than black, gray brings elegance and sophistication to a kitchen. Play up the glamour of gray with industrial light fixtures and marble counter tops to make the room worthy of a spot in the pages of glossy design magazines.
- Stimulating Red: Shades of red are believed to stimulate the appetite and they satisfy the hunger for a bold statement in any kitchen. Natural wood cabinetry and light color countertops prevent the crimson hue from becoming overwhelming.
Contact your designer or architecture support rep at Dunn-Edwards for additional insightful and inspirations painting tips.