|Paint Problem Solver
|Peeling from Galvanized Metal
Peeling from Galvanized Metal
Paint has lost its adhesion to a galvanized metal surface.
- Inadequate or improper surface preparation
- Failure to use a primer before applying an oil-based or vinyl water-based paint
- Failure to sand baked-on enamel finishes or glossy surfaces before painting
- Remove all loose, peeling paint down to the bare metal.
- Clean the exposed metal of any contaminants, such as dirt, oil, etc., and treat them with an etching liquid. Be sure to wear long sleeves and gloves to protect your arms and hands.
- Rinse the surface with clean water. Allow to dry.
- Apply a galvanized metal primer.
- Repaint with a high-quality paint.
Please note that these suggestions are provided as a service to you. We are unable to guarantee or be responsible for the results obtained by these procedures. If you have additional questions, ask any of our expert sales associates.