Accumulation of dirt, dust and/or other debris on the paint film; may resemble mildew.
- Use of low-quality paints
- Soil splashing onto siding
- Air pollution, car exhaust and airborne dust collecting on house body and trim
- If unsure whether the problem is dirt or mildew, conduct a simple spot-test with bleach.
- Remove dirt with a scrub brush and detergent solution, followed by thorough rinsing with a garden hose. Heavier dirt accumulations may require the use of a power washer. Stubborn dirt may require the use of a degreaser or cleaner.
- Paint with a high-quality paint that is formulated to provide superior dirt pick-up resistance.
|Desired Finish||Recommended Product|
|Flat||EVERSHIELD® Exterior Flat Paint|
|Velvet||EVERSHIELD® Exterior Velvet Paint|
|Eggshell||EVERSHIELD® Exterior Eggshell Paint|
|Low Sheen||EVERSHIELD® Exterior Low Sheen Paint|
|Semi-Gloss||EVERSHIELD® Exterior Semi-Gloss Paint|
|Gloss||EVERSHIELD® Exterior Gloss Paint|
Please note that these suggestions are provided as a service to you. We are unable to guarantee or be responsible for the results obtained by these procedures. If you have additional questions, ask any of our expert sales associates.