Red Is On Fire
Some view decorating with the color red as a challenge. At Dunn-Edwards, we see it as an opportunity to go bold and take advantage of one of the hottest (no pun intended) colors right now. Red is one of the hottest colors of 2018, and inspiration from the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang has helped it reign supreme as one of our favorite bold colors.
Red-painted walls can certainly command a room, and evoke various moods — romantic, elegant, playful, and classic. With the ability to summon many different vibes in a space, painting a room red can be just as straightforward as white around which to design a room. Today, we’re talking about a few of Dunn-Edwards rich reds, providing inspiration for creating the perfect room with red.
Image Credit: istock
Red tends to trend right around February for obvious reasons, and although Valentine’s Day and Chinese New Year have come and gone, there is no reason to close the door on this color. Quite the opposite. In fact, Dunn-Edwards’ Color of the Month for February, Amour (DE5104), is just one of our many fabulous shades of red. This color trend is everywhere, currently stocking shelves at a number home good stores. From furniture pieces to home décor, you’re sure find red pieces that fit your design aesthetic.
- Don’t be afraid to play around with different shades of red. It creates fun textures and a colorful space.
- Finding red pieces to fit your specific design needs is so easy right now. For a more Moroccan feel, try using floor pillows and layered rugs to create a curated, yet eclectic look. Marrakech is, after all, nicknamed the “Red City,” for its buildings and walls in varying shades from those like Red Ink (DEA151) to the more rosy hues of colors similar to Rustique (5149).
- For a more classic look that creates a romantic feel, try switching out an old sofa with a velvet chesterfield. The one pictured above evokes the feel of Dunn-Edwards Scarlet Past (DEA150).
- Don’t forget that you can easily add pops of color by using home décor items such as candles, artwork and decorative baskets for additional pops of color. Those pictured above can help add cohesiveness to a room which features the raspberry-inspired hues of Red Icon (DEA104).
- Mix-and-match different patterns and textures when it comes to throw pillows and throw blankets. Details matter and often help make a space feel complete.
Where to Use Red
Red is the most fun in high-traffic areas such as areas for entertainment like a game room, living room, or kitchen. It provides a high-energy and colorful environment. A pro tip from us here at Dunn-Edwards, red also makes for a great statement door and provides increased curb appeal.
Image Credit: Bethany Nauert Photography
Dunn-Edwards Paints has endless choices of interior and exterior paints in all shades of red to best compliment your space. Now, it’s easier than ever to realize your dream space by downloading our Dunn-Edwards Insta-Color® app. Easily upload a photo from your personal library or choose one from ours to give your space an instant paint job.